As we have been building OTA, we too often would meet administrators, field staff or volunteers who all had the same question:
"How do I help?"
We've partnered up with the folks at The Avarna Group to offer services to help provide an answer.
For further information about these services, please email email@example.com.
Presentations, Trainings and publications
Rylander, E. & Breunig, M. (in press). Navigating the Rapids of Social Justice Pedagogy. Pathways: The Ontario Journal of Outdoor Education.
Breunig, M. & Rylander, E. (2016). Beyond training for tolerance: More than "just" leadership and learning. In H. Prince, B. Humberstone & K. Henderson (Eds.), International handbook of outdoor studies. Routledge, London, UK.
Association for Experiential Education
- 2013, Gender inclusive spaces: What are they and how do we create them at camp and in the woods?
- 2014, Expanding risk management: Mitigating emotional and social risk for LGBTQ youth
- 2015, Because there's nothing straight about nature: Connecting queer social justice and experiential education
Wilderness Risk Management Conference
- 2015, Rejecting the binary: The benefits of considering emotional risk of LGBTQ participants
- 2016, Rejecting the binary: The benefits of considering emotional risk of LGBTQ participants
YMCA of Snohomish County
Northwest Outward Bound School
Big City Mountaineers
YMCA at Camp Orkila
North Cascades Institute